Different Ways To Charge an EV
There are a number of ways you can charge the Electric Vehicle (EV) you worked so hard to get. But which way is the best for you?
Home Charging (AC Household Charging)
If you choose to have a wallbox installed, you can charge your EV three to four times faster by using AC Household Charging. If this option is not available for your house AC Public Charing is also a viable option.
- Best suited for garage or driveway for best positioning
- Very useful for overnight charging
- Takes close to 6 hours to charge a 40kWh battery car
- Allows charging through a 230V outlet
- Has a higher upside that Trickle Charge
Public Charging Station (DC Charge)
- Fastest method of charging an EV
- Uses Combo for Combined Charging System
- DC Charging should be intentionally kept low to prolong high-voltage battery life.
- Potential to charge from 20% to 80% in around 45 minutes.
Overall there are a few different ways and methods to charge your EV, but your situation and resources may dictate how you charge your car. The pros and cons of each option listed above can guide you to make the best decision for your EV, whether it be financially or time-dependent. Electric vehicles are on the rise as many manufactures are leaning towards being environmentally friendly and preserving our atmosphere the best way we can.